Previewing the schedule for Utica College, Hamilton College, Morrisville, and Colgate Men’s and Women’s college hockey for the weekend of February 11th – February 13th, 2022.
Central New York’s Men’s and Women’s college hockey programs are winding down their regular-season schedules in the month of February, here’s a look at their upcoming schedules for the upcoming weekend. Please note, all rankings are from the USCHO (United States College Hockey Online) national polls, if a team is in their polls, their ranking will be in parentheses.
- Utica College Pioneers (#2): The second ranked Utica College Pioneers (19-2-0 overall 14-0-0 UCHC) travel to Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania this weekend for a pair of UCHC games. On Friday night they play the King’s College (4-16-0 overall, 3-11-0 UCHC) in a rematch of their December 4th matchup which the Pioneers won 8-0. On Saturday Utica College takes on the ninth rankes Wilkes Colonels. The Pioneers and Colonels have also played each other once this season, which was a hard fought 3-2 Utica College victory on December 3rd at the Adirondack Bank Center.
- Hamilton College Continentals: The Continentals (7-8 overall, 6-7 NESCAC) head to Medford, Massachusetts on Friday night to play the Tufts Jumbos (4-11-2 overall, 4-7-2 NESCAC) for their first meeting of the season. On Saturday, their roadtrip continues to New London, Connecticut to take on the Connecticut College Camels (5-9-3 overall, 4-7-2 NESCAC). In their previous meeting this season, the Camels defeated the Continentals by a score 0f 2-1 on January 18th at Russell Sage Rink.
- Colgate Raiders: The Raiders (10-14-3 overall, 5-7-3 ECAC) travel to eastern New York State for a pair of ECAC games. On Friday night they visit Schenectady to play the Union College Dutchmen (10-14-3 overall, 7-8-1 ECAC). In their first meeting the season on November 13th, the Dutchmen blanked the Raiders 2-0 at the Class of 1965 Arena. On Saturday night, they continue on to the City of Troy to take on the RPI Engineers (12-17-3 overall, 7-9-0 ECAC). This is a rematch of their November 12th matchup in Colgate, which the Raiders won by a score of 5-2.
- Morrisville Mustangs: The Mustangs (7-12-2 overall, 2-10-0 SUNYAC) will play at home at the Iceplex on Friday night against the SUNY Cortland Red Dragons (11-9-2 overall, 6-5-2 SUNYAC). The Red Dragons won the first matchup this season by a score of 4-1. On Monday, they travel to Geneseo, NY to face the third ranked SUNY Geneseo Knights (18-2-1 overall, 10-1-1 SUNYAC). The Knights won their first meeting on November 3rd by a 4-1 tally.
- Utica College Pioneers: The Pioneers (18-3 overall, 15-1 UCHC), will play a pair of UCHC games at home against the Wilkes Colonels (3-14-0 overall, 3-12-0 UCHC) on Friday and Saturday afternoons with both games starting at 2:30. These are the first meetings this season between these two teams. Utica College received two votes in the latest USCHO Women’s Division III national poll.
- Hamilton College Continentals: The Continentals will play a pair of NESCAC games at home this weekend against the Wesleyan Cardinals (7-10 overall, 3-9 NESCAC). On Friday, the teams will meet at Russell Sage Rink at 7:00pm, and the rematch will take place on Saturday afternoon at 3:00pm. These are the first meetings between the two teams this season.
- Colgate Raiders (#8): The eighth ranked Raiders (21-7-1 overall, 11-5-1 ECAC) will play a pair of ECAC games at home over the weekend. On Friday night at 6:00pm they will host Union (4-25-1 overall, 1-17-0 ECAC) at the Class of 1965 Arena. In their first matchup which was played in Schenectady, the Raiders won 7-1. On Staturday afternoon at 3:00pm RPI (9-18-0 overall, 5-12-0 ECAC) will meet Colgate on the Raiders home ice. Colgate won the first meeting this season at RPI by a score of 4-3 in overtime.
- Morrisville Mustangs: The Mustangs (5-14-1 overall, 3-11-1 NEWHL), will play one game in the next few days, and that will be at home on Tuesday, February 15th at 4pm against the Buffalo State Bengals (1-17-1 overall, 0-12-0 NEWHL). This will be the third meeting of the season between the two teams with Morrisville winning at Buffalo on December 11th by a score of 5-0, and again on February 1st in Morrisville by a score of 9-2.